Position in Statistics and/or Machine Learning at ENSAE Paris‐CREST
ENSAE Paris and CREST are currently inviting applications for a position of Assistant or Associate Professor in Statistics and/or Machine Learning.
The appointment starts in September, 2020, at the earliest. Salary is competitive according to qualifications. The teaching duties are reduced compared to French university stand-ards. At the appointment, knowledge of French is not required but it is expected that the appointee will acquire a workable knowledge of French in a reasonable time. At the As-sistant Professor level, the position is for an initial three-year term renewable for another three years before the tenure evaluation.
- PhD in Statistics or Machine Learning.
- Outstanding research, including subjects in high-dimensional statistics and machine learning.
- Publications in leading international journals in Statistics or leading outlets in Ma-chine Learning.
Demonstrated ability to teach courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Machine Learning for engineers and to supervise projects in Applied Statistics. At the Assistant Professor level, the successful candidate is expected to teach at least one course in mathematics, applied mathematics or introductory statistics at the undergraduate level, and one course in the “Data Science, Statistics and Machine Learning” specialization track during the third year of ENSAE (Master level). Associate Professors typically teach one more ad-vanced course.
Applications should be submitted in French or in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Statement of research and teaching interests;
- Names and addresses of three or more individuals willing to provide letters of reference.
Deadline for applications: March 31, 2020.
Selected candidates will be invited to present their work and project at ENSAE‐CREST.
– Alexandre Tsybakov: email@example.com
– Arnak Dalalyan, director of CREST: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Laurent Davezies, head of graduate studies at ENSAE: email@example.com
See announcement in PDF here