Deadline for applications – March 5, 2021 (11pm)
HI! PARIS is an interdisciplinary Center on Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence for Science, Business and Society (https://www.hi-paris.fr/).
The Center offers partial or complete 3-year funding for PhD theses. The program covers fundamental methods for AI and data analytics as well as business applications across all sectors and implications for society. To be eligible to the funding, projects must respect the following criteria:
– AI (methods or applications) is central to the research conducted within the thesis;
– The project is scientifically innovative and ambitious;
– The thesis is prepared in one of the research laboratories of HEC Paris or IP Paris;
– The supervisor(s) is/are member(s) of one of the research laboratories of HEC Paris or IP Paris.
Applicants are encouraged to take into account data and questions that are of interest to HI! PARIS corporate donors. Co-supervision by researchers from HEC Paris and IP Paris is encouraged.
Applications should be sent by email to the program coordinator, Philippe Choné, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 11 pm of March 5, 2020, in the form of a single pdf file containing:
- CV of the candidate accompanied by documents attesting her/his excellence (at least the transcripts of grades in the master program)
- cover letter
- project summary (1 page)
- detailed description of the project (4-5 pages)
- names of main advisor (and if relevant coadvisor) and status of the advisor (academic rank, “Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches” or not)
- recommendation letters
- Details about co-funding arrangement (if relevant).
All these documents should be written either in French or in English. Eligible projects will be transmitted to the “PhD in AI at IP Paris” selection committee or to HEC PhD program.
PhD students funded by HI! PARIS commit to contribute to the scientific life of the Center.