Position in Statistics and/or Machine Learning at ENSAE ParisTech-CREST
ENSAE ParisTech and CREST are currently inviting applications for a position of Assistant or Associate Professor in Statistics or Machine Learning.
The appointment starts in September, 2019, at the earliest. At the level of Assistant Professor, the position is for an initial three-year term renewable for another three years before the tenure evaluation. Salary is competitive according to qualifications. The teaching duties are reduced compared to French university standards. At the appointment, knowledge of French is not required but it is expected that the appointee will acquire a workable knowledge of French in a reasonable time.
- PhD in Statistics or Machine Learning.
- Outstanding research, including subjects in high-dimensional statistics and machine learning.
- Publications in leading international journals in Statistics or leading outlets in Machine Learning.
- Demonstrated ability to teach courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Machine Learning for engineers and to supervise projects in Applied Statistics. The successful candidate is expected to teach at least one course in mathematics, applied mathematics or introductory statistics at the undergraduate level, and one course in the “Data Science, Statistics and Machine Learning”’ specialization track during the third year of ENSAE (Master level).
Applications should be submitted (in French or in English) by email to email@example.com :
- Curriculum vitae;
- Statement of research and teaching interests (2-4 pages);
- Names and addresses of three or more individuals willing to provide letters of reference.
Deadline for applications : April 29, 2019.
Selected candidates will be invited to present their work and project at ENSAE-CREST.
Alexandre Tsybakov firstname.lastname@example.org
Arnak Dalalyan email@example.com
Laurent Davezies, head of graduate studies at ENSAE: firstname.lastname@example.org
See announcement in PDF here