ENSAE ParisTech and CREST
ENSAE ParisTech and CREST (UMR CNRS 9194) invite applications for a position at the level of Assistant Professor from outstanding candidates having demonstrated abilities in both research and teaching in theoretical and applied statistics.
As a member of the “Group of the National schools of Economics and Statistics (GENES), ENSAE ParisTech offers a proficient training both in economics and statistics. The students of ENSAE can get specialized in quantitative analysis of information, statistical modeling and social sciences. ENSAE ParisTech and its research center, CREST have moved in July to the new building in Palaiseau, on the campus of the Ecole Polytechnique, to form with their partners (École polytechnique, HEC, Telecom ParisTech, ENS Cachan, etc.) a leading educational and research center in applied mathematics, statistics, economics, sociology, finance and management.
The successful candidate will join the Statistics pole of CREST, the main research topics of which are high-dimensional statistics and machine learning, nonparametric and Bayesian statistics, Monte-Carlo methods and theoretical econometrics. The Statistics pole is part of the Labex ECODEC (http://labex-ecodec.fr/).
Description of the position
The appointment starts in January, 2018. The position is for an initial three-year term, with a renewal option in case of positive evaluation of research and teaching activities. Salary for suitably qualified applicants is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- PhD in Statistics.
- Research activities in Statistics, in particular on subjects related to high-dimensionality, shape constrained inference, statistics of geometric objects.
- Demonstrated ability to teach courses in Mathematics and Statistics for engineers and to supervise projects in Applied Statistics. The successful candidate is expected to teach at least one course at the undergraduate level and one course in the “Data Scientist” specialization at the third year of ENSAE (master level).
- High-level research publications in leading international journals in Statistics.
- Experience of projects related to the applications.
Applicants should submit (in French or in English):
- Curriculum vitae detailing the research and the teaching experience ;
- A statement of research and teaching interests (2-4 pages) ;
- Names and addresses of three or more individuals willing to provide letters of reference
Applications should be submitted by email before November 1, 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will be invited to present their work and project at ENSAE‐CREST.
If you have any questions, please e-mail
Alexandre Tsybakov, head of the Statistics pole: email@example.com
Arnak Dalalyan, professor of Statistics: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lionel Wilner, dean of studies at ENSAE: email@example.com